Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

Another sunny day in Prague-ville

Hey all! Well, I didn't end up going to the opera or the movie theater last night. However, we were in Wencenslas Square and grabbed some hot chocolate (horká čokoláda) and dessert. I went to bed relatively early, again. But I got to sleep in until 11 ish. Oh it was nice. My roomie went to church early, so I had lunch waiting for her when she got back. Use the term loosely because I overcooked the noodles and I have no idea what kind of sauce that was. Mandy liked it, though, and congratulated me in my culinary skills (did I mention she's from Idaho?).
After that, we all trekked down to the State Opera, of which I have pics, to see the Ballet: Cinderella. It was very pretty and the music was amazing. That's something Mimi and Brian definitely must put on their to-do-list. Also, the week they arrive is the week I'm supposed to go to Kutna Hora on a one-day field trip. That's the place where there are bones covering everything, even the chandelier. I'm going to see if they are allowed to join us on the field trip, is not, I may leave them stranded.... so they can catch up on some sleep! I'm going to try to add some pics now, and that's basically my day.

By the way, that beer was half a liter?!?!? And I only drank half of that... I'm a wuss. It isn't the same brand Budweiser as back in the states, I believe it is the original one, we just copied it.

Can't seem to add pics, so gonna go to my technical assistant, and I'm sure they'll be up here within 72 hours, Brian's a genius.

OK, here are those new pictures. One pic is another overlook of the city, and the other is me after walking up 101 stairs.


Comments:
It's a shame one can't do all this entertaining here in Toledo. I suppose there's culture, but I just don't follow it :-)

Quite a new feature at our Museum, however. Tiffany display. Might go, might not.

Stayed home today and watched "Seabiscut". It was a tear jerker for me. But, now, I've put off my work!

Mandy and Brian stopped by. We had a laugh over the technical/picture posting remark. But, he is GOOD!!

Love you, sweetie!

Mom
 
Hey, it's Jeanette! Wow, that ballet theater is gorgeous! I see you are wearing the little ear warmer I got you for Christmas :). It really brings out your eyes, which is perfect :D. Today I went over to our parents house and we watched Seabiscuit, just like she said. Once it all tied together it was a really good movie I thought and seeing the little horse go from losing like crazy to winning was pretty touching. I'm glad you are living it up over there, and it's so nice that you made lunch for your roommate. She's pretty lucky rooming with someone who's nice and thinks about her :). It's also great you got to sleep in. I hope you continue to have a great time.
 
Crap, are we going to have to climb stairs if we come see you? Forget it then.
:-)
 
Hey, take some pictures of your room, bathroom, view out your window, oh yeah and that fantastic hotplate.

MiMi
 
Hey, kiddo! Looking good! Glad to see you're bundled up. Maybe our warm, spring-like days will drift over your way.

And, yes, pix of the room would be nice. You look pretty good for having walked up so many steps! You didn't say how long it took you, but you're in good shape. This should help keep it :-)

Have a great start to a new week.
Love you, mom
 
Hey, you are having so much fun without us! Not fair! I envy the ballet experience, and how I long for a beer... Oh well, just another 6 or 7 months til I can have one. I am enjoying your pictures so much. I don't know if I'll ever get to go to Europe, and I didn't think I ever wanted to, but your pictures make me want to go. I feel like I wish I knew you better to know more what to write, but hopefully that will get better in time ;-)

Love Jen
 
You must not be having much trouble with polution if you walked up 101 steps and didn't look like you were in too bad of shape. Glad you're getting to see the sites and getting involved in the culture. Lola has showered me with love the last two times I came from work, she had shredded papers all over to welcome me home
Love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?