Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Okay, I have a blog

Isn't this great? I've never had a blog before. Anyway, today my friends and I went to IKEA. There are actually two of them in Prague, so haha Meems. The problem with going somewhere after class is that it takes awhile to get places and it's dark by the time you get back to the dorms. I always feel so unaccomplished, plus I don't go out later either. After IKEA, where I got a blanket, towel, and candles (the electricity went out on our floor last night), I went to 112 and had tea and Swedish cookies. 112 is the room munber of my friends: Heather (from CA), Rachel (PA), Emma (MA), Amaanda (uh-mon-duh, ID), and Maria (from Sveden yah). My roommate, Mandy, is also from Idaho. Hope everyone is having fun reading this... it's going to be a little odd to me for awhile. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to Prague Castle, keep you updated. Hey Meems, how long are you planning to stay here? Let me know what you all want to hear here, bye!!

Comments:
Yay!!! I haven't distributed your blog address to anyone, so you may need to send a round of emails. Brian and I bookd our flight last night! We will arrive at approximately 1:30 p.m. on 3/16/06 and take off on 3/22/06. We don't know what we will want to see...plenty of time for that. We will be keeping our eyes open for a room, don't think I can handle the hostel thing. Here are some things I would like to hear about:
-What do you see when you look out your window?
-Do you have a good shower?
-What is your school day like?
-What does your school look like?

I'll think of tons more I'm sure. Later gator.
 
This is terrific, totsie. The pix are good. I like to see them. Watch the shopping--how will you get this all home? :-)

I'll pass your blog on. It was super to talk to you today, sweetie.

I miss you.

Love, mom
 
Well, typo. Should be tootsie, not totsie! Sorry about that!

Mom
 
Hi Jess. I hope you have a great time in Prague. I am sure it has to be kinda wierd being in such a different place, but it sounds like you are having fun! I'll be checking your blog to see how things are going for you. In the meantime, I am 11 weeks pregnant, and feeling mostly okay. I am due about a month before Mandy and Brian's wedding. I have some education projects to do for work and that is keeping me busy too, not to mention the kids I have. Unfortunately I probably won't have many comments for you, but I will be checking on you! Have a great time!
Jennifer (Brad's Jen, if you have any other Jennifers who write to you!)
 
IKEA! Put that number one on our sightseeing list!! Perhaps we can stop at Starbucks first on the way to IKEA ... there are Starbucks, too, right?? Hell, I bet the Starbucks are inside of the IKEA! Wait, there's more than one IKEA? Maybe we can do a walking tour from IKEA to IKEA, stopping at all the Starbucks on the way to refuel!! No stinky old churches are going to get in our way...

*Brian
 
I baby. Boy we had a long day. Went out for dinner at Blaze and chatted with some friends. Having them over tomorrow night for dinner and cards. (Well, actually we're having chicken for dinner, and using regular playing cards for games!)

Jen has a blogspot also. It's ourcarrfamily.blogspot.com.

We're all doing okay. It's been warm today, nearly 50 and sunny. But change is in the wind.

Take care baby! Love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?