Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today was a much better day. First, I got to sleep in, always a bonus. Then I cleaned the stains off the aforementioned ruined clothes. I asked my one roomie with a computer if I could use hers, and she said yes, that I could even upload pics. Have yet to see if it works, but we'll soon see. Today, Mandy, Amaada, and I walked around Old Town Square again. We watched the Astronomical Clock do its thang... pretty anti-climatic, but the little crowing rooster at the end is cute. Then we found heaven... on a bun. Okay let me explain. They have these sandwiches here that are made of fried cheese which they put on a bun. They also put this mayo/tartar sauce on it, sounds healthy right? It is absolutey amazing, especially when you are freezing. Don't worry Meems, I have that on my list of stuff for you to do. That and trying the roast sirloin in cream sauce, lemons, cranberries, and whipped cream with thick bread dumplings. Anybody else's tummy growling? The food here is the best, I'll definitely be suprised if I don't gain any wait with their bread-heavy diet here.

We then went to a touristy scarf shop where this cute Italian guy totally conned me into buying a cute little jacket/sweater that says Czech on the back. Mandy and Amaanda ended up buying a few cashmere scarves as well. We had actually intended buying it all, so we weren't really conned, but he was pretty cute... and Italian. So I've spent entirely too much today, and we'll now probably go out for dessert, maybe.

Today it snowed, and is still snowing. It's incredibly romantic looking, but cold. Everything is really pretty, but I'm too afraid to catch the snow on my tongue because of the pollution. The tourists were out in full force today also, which kind of distracted me a little. All in all, really pretty today, and I of course left my camera in the room so it looks like today will be just for me.

I think I got the pics to work, if so, the first few are what my half of the room looks like, I'm standing outside in order to get it all in. The next are I believe the "kitchen" and the "shower". I think the other two are the views from my windows. I found out that the church spires belong to Strahov Monastery, I believe. Sorry I don't seem to know anything for sure... we'll see how it goes. I'll add more soon because I can apparently only do 4-5 a blog. Write later! Na Zdravi!







Comments:
Hey, is that a pop-top pack of condoms on your night stand? Oh wait, nevermind, just a can of Pringles.

*B*
 
Thanks for the pics...I'm taking your word for it on the czech-style grilled cheese. I'm not usually a tartar sauce fan. It snowed here yesterday as well. We were supposed to get around 6", but of course it ended up being more like 1/2". According to the experts, the mild winter we've enjoyed won't be sticking around and it's to get much colder. I'll be logging in our blog soon...I've bought my wedding dress!
MiMi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?