Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Having a bad day

Finally found a reason to hate this country... laundry, and their stupid keyboard. You see, the zs and ys on the keyboard are switched here, there is no at symbol either. There is a way to switch the keyboard from czech to english, but it does not always work, like today. There is no apostrophe on this one apparently. Plus I am in a room that must have just been painted, as I am slowly succumbing to the fumes. Yesterday I did my laundry for the first time, and the dryer totally ate my good clothes. Mostly stuff from casual corner, camis, turtlenecks, and bras...? I can sew some of the straps back together, but the holes are kinda unfixable. I am told the black stains are removable. Yay. Plus, after two and a half hours in the dryer, they were still wet. ARGHHHH! Jamie did her laundry with me, we were the guinea pigs of the group. We decided we are going to Little Caesars for dinner and then going to Cafe Louvre for hot chocolate. The brightside?? It only cost 15kc, roughly 75 cents, to have my clothes ruined. At the laundromat, it costs 140kc, or about 6bucks to wash and dry your laundry, more if there is a lot to do. My Czech classes are done now. I know how to say two beers please, my room is cold, no, I do not have marijuana, how much are theater tickets, and bitch sausage. Sorry mom. Do not ask about that last one... they do not actually say that here. But apparently Americans do? I am slowly dying from the fumes and must leave now... pics will be up as soon as I can find a computer that will let me upload them.... sorry all. Tomorrow will be better.

Comments:
Aw, sweetie. What a bummer! All your nice clothers, that you took the time to try on, buy and pack! You'll have to see if there is good shopping in Prague at good prices, because Casual Corner will probably be gone by the time you get back!!

Find a different laudry place! Seems like your solution is a working one: when things go bad, chocolate to the rescue!!
Miss you bunches. Love, mom
 
Hi Jess! I just read your blog. It sounds like your having fun. I showed some of your pics to the ladies at work. They are all jealous. Monica is going through a rough time w/school grades and boy trouble. Maybe you can send her a message and tell her not to hate her life and school. Mom sure was lucky w/us girls!!!
Miss you, Love Kelly
 
Bitch Sausage! That's my favorite Snoop Dogg song!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?