Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

It was warm today!

And of course, by warm, I mean around 30 degrees. I couldn't see my breath! Well, only when I went down a cold street. But that's downright balmy here, we're breaking out the flip flops soon.

Yesterday I did end up going to see The Full Monty, a.k.a. Donaha, at Divadlo na Vinohradech (photos). It was a little expensive at around $10 a ticket, but they were good seats. It was a great play. I went with Elise, the girl who's making my scarf for me, and I agreed with her that I have never had so much fun not understanding a single word. We understood one line: Jsem Michael... I am Michael. We'd catch a word here and there, but overall, nic (nothing). It was a hilarious show, one I definitely want to see in English, maybe I'll just rent the movie. Plus, I didn't get home until almost 11 p.m.! That's the latest, yet!! Yes, I am a loser. Don't worry Meems, I'll try to stay out later for you guys. BTW, I got it worked out that you and Brian are going to be going to Kutna Hora with me on March 17th I believe, the Friday you're here. I forgot to ask if it costs anything, maybe $20 each at the most, and it will be a 9-5 trip. I'll pay if it costs something.

Mom and Brad, I know I haven't called in awhile, I'm waiting to get a phone card because I'm already too close to my spending limit for the week to get it now, maybe Saturday.

On Saturday I am supposed to see Don Giovanni, which is pretty famous here, though I have no idea what it's about. I only know that it was a Czech guy that wrote it and that it premiered here. Just think, I will have been here only three weeks and I will have seen 2 ballets, a play, and a drama(?)! Man, I'm getting me some culture!

Ok, time for some pics: One is a pic of St. Wencenslas Square raken from the steps of the National Museum, the next is the National Museum (boring, don't go there!), the third is what I thought a pretty picture of an old tree growing over a doorway near the Strahov Monastery, and the last one is of the Charles Bridge, can't remember if I showed you all a pic of that or not. Hope you like them! Nashle!



Comments:
Yes, Jess, you posted that picture of Charles Bridge back on Jan. 25. I think all those mayonnaise sandwiches must be affecting you head. *B*
 
I was just browsing (found the link on myczechrepublic.com) and thought I'd point out that Don Giovanni was written by Mozart who was not Czech (it would be pretty cool if he was).
 
Hi baby. We won't be home on Saturday, so don't over spend for the week. Keep true to your budget. We feel close with the messaging back and forth.

We're going to Aunt Cathy's for pizza and Christmas! They're checking the site, but I don't know why they haven't commented. I'll ask when I see them. Aunt Judie tried to get online but is having trouble. We'll work with them both when we see them Saturday.

Let us know when you get your Valentine. Curious to see how long it takes, and if it even makes it!

We haven't found out how much it cost to call you last time, but the phone didn't hang up correctly, either. Can't wait for that bill :-)

Love you very much! mom
 
Aaaah, it turns out that while it was Mozart who wrote Don Giovanni, he first premiered it in Prague (1787). And that's why the Czech's love it so much, I guess.

You should read up on it; from what I can tell it's one of the most important (and best) operas ever written ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Giovanni

And yes, your blog is now listed on:
http://blog.myczechrepublic.com/
Cool, you're becoming an international celebrity!!

And if you're interested, there are 7 other current Prague bloggers listed there. Here's the list:

Blogroll
* A Life Unknown
* A Year in the Czech Republic
* David's Prague Blog
* Fulbrighter's Semester in Prague
* Jessica in Prague
* kolo kolo mlýnský
* Nuda v Brně?
* Sex and the City of Prague
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?