Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Sil vous plait le Eiffel Tower (?!!?)

Ahoy!

Well.. I did something touristy this weekend, along with roughly 1000 other people. Heather (from CA) and I went and ate Mexican food at this restaurant down Ujezd street from Bohemia Bagel called Cantina (yeah I know, I can't seem to get away from BB!). Pretty good food, kinda pricey, but finally got my chips and salsa!

Anywho, across the street is the funicular (yes that's the word, shut up) entrance up Petrin Hill. What's up there, you ask? Well, there's a lovely little park area, with statues and benches, just like back in the states. There's also this little mirror maze, which I've yet to go in, costs 40kc, I think. Best of all is the Eiffel Tower. They have a short replica of the tower that, if you take in the size of the hill, the tippiest top of the tower, and kinda let a few inches slide, it's the same size as the real one! Plus it only costs 40 kc (if you're a student) to walk up to the top for a good view. Again, didn't do that b/c I thought I'd wait until my peeps show up. Apparently, there's a neat little stone walkway/hill that when it gets iced over, is real fun to slide down. After walking around for roughly 20 minutes (it was really really cold) we went back down the hill in the funicular, taking all the good touristy shots we could. BTW, it costs 20kc, both ways, to ride the funicular, unless you already have a transportation pass, which I did. Then it's FREE! I love that word.



After that we got chocolate cake and hot chocolate (yes that WAS too much chocolate at once, blech), and went back to the dorm. That was Saturday. Sunday we just went and got Chinese in our favorite little place off Wencenslas Square and got an ice cream cone at McDonalds... though I'm not counting it as an actual McDonalds trip.

Today I basically just had my two classes and walked around some... trying to figure out prices to trips to Paris. My history class is great because he'll say something and then point out the window and say "the second defenestration of Prague took place in that building there, (points) and they threw him out of that window there, (points some more). Afterwards, they all met up in this building downstairs and wrote up a draft constitution and took it over to that Kinko's there" (still paying attention.. cuz that was a joke). Only in Prague, eh?

BTW, the title is from a Bob and Tom song "toast"... yeah, you know it. Talk to you later!

Comments:
I just love your sories, honey. You write in technicolor!

Miss you, love, Mom
 
The great part about that little eifel tower there in Prague is that you don't have to put up with the French to visit. Even I, the chocaholic, can only take so much of a good thing.
Lots of love!
 
Ice Cream from McDonald's?? Minus 50 points for your worldly adventurous rating.

On another (tastier) note, how is the Gelatto scene over there? Or do they do custard or something else instead?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?