Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

Sunday at the Balet

Yes that's the correct way to spell that here. Today Mandy, Amaanda, and I went to see Onegin at the National Theater. That theater is just as pretty as the State Opera, but the seats were better this time. The performance was pretty, good colors and music. It's about a girl who falls in love with a self-centered guy that's in love with the first girl's sister who already has a dude that gets killed by Self-Centered, then the first girl goes on to marry soldier boy, but of course Self-Centered wants her now, but she says no go away.... phew. Catch all that? And everyone wore tights and lived miserably ever after. BTW, Meems and Brian, while you are here, the State Opera is showing Carmen and Madam Butterfly, the National Theater isn't really showing anything interesting.... what one did you want to see? Carmen is on Saturday, and MB is on Sunday.
Tomorrow is the first day of classes (at 8:30 in the freezing morning), and I'm a little anxious. I have no idea what to expect at all. Most are saying that you can pass as long as you show up, others say don't buy the books, still others say it can be pretty challenging. My favorite so far is the person that told me not to worry because it's bad publicity for schools to fail, or even give bad grades, to international students. Good point, eh? Well, gonna put up some pics of my friends. The first one is of Mandy, Amaanda and I, in that order, while at the National Opera today. The other one is our view of the stage there. The last one is of Suzana, my Czech Intensive teacher... should be up soon!!

Comments:
Nice shot of the Balet there, miss shakey fingers. Gotta hold that camera still for no-flash shots in the dark! Brace it against a rail, a chair, a wall, whatever ... trust in me, and you can do no wrong. *B*
 
This is much better, sweetie. You're looking good. Food sounds absolutely bad for one's health.

We're watching the super bowl now. Pretty good game. Detroit looks pretty good, too! Nice and clean. Everything is going very well.

The pictures are great and very much welcome.

As Mandy said, it's getting colder. This coming week will be a bear. We're not used to it.

On a light note, I planted some lavender in a pot in the kitchen. Can't wait for the beautiful smell to come through. Also planted a lily in a pot in the living room. Looks nice. Hope I can keep it alive.

We're all set for the week's work too, baby doll. Had a very nice visit with Mandy and Sam. Missed Brian, but he's working hard on important stuff (that's the technical word for it). Saw Jeanette for a few minutes today, and spent yesterday with Mandy, Kelly, and kids as we went with Mandy for wedding dress shopping. This trip was much better, people were super nice, and she had a few favorites to choose from. Wait til you see it :-)

Love, mom
 
That was actually the most stable picture I had of the place... believe me, I tried a few times, even held it against the railing, all to no avail. Oh well. To je zivot... that is life.
 
I guess I was about 3 blogs behind.
Enjoyed all of the pics and geting to see the people you have been talking about and where you rest your head, and feed your face. I haven't accomplished much these last few days since I was trying to rest up after the overtime I worked. I got the oil changed in your car when I had the alignment fixed, so it shoud be good for a while. I dive it for one week and then mine for a week. The food sounds good to me, but then you know I eat almost anything. Love you a bunch.
Dad
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?