Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Yay... I did some exciting stuff!

No, seriously... Okay yesterday Heather and I ate at a chinese restaurant that was super cheap. It was great. Afterwards, we wandered around and took some pictures of the Dancing Building a.k.a. the Fred and Ginger Building a.k.a. the funky warped place. We went and got a brownie and chocolate cheesecake at Bohemia Bagel... yummy!

Later that night we made our way to softball practice!! It was way out in boofoo. We had to take a tram, metro, and a bus, then walk a ways. This was at 8 at night too. We thought we were lost the whole time. But we made it and we actually had fun! Some of the girls speak english, but they're all really nice. It just felt nice to throw a ball and swing a bat... even if it was just drills, no actual playing. They don't start their season until the end of April, but they said it was fine that we practice with them... they even let us borrow their gloves! It'll be nice to work out my arms and abs as well as my legs. Afterwards, we we're wondering about a ride home (practice ended at 10) when we realized that two of the girls' cars had been broken into! Nothing was stolen, just damage done. We waited for the police to come, file a report, etc. Then we finally got in a car!!!! FUN! They drive crazy here! And I woke up sore, YAY!

So today, Mandy, Heather and I wandered around Old Town Square, which I have to say is my fave place so far. I took a video with some sound and I'll see if I can upload it, just gotta confer with my TA. Anyway, went shopping for clothes I don't need, got another pair of gloves and a hat (BTW my scarf that Elise was making for me is done and it's so cute and warm!). If you think any of you are getting souveniers you can just forget it because I'm spending all my mulah on me! Later, Mandy and I went and saw Pride and Prejudice (Pycha a Presudek???) at a theater. English with Czech subtitles b/c I don't think Czech is "big" enough to dub movies in. Then we of course went out for more hot chocolate at Kavarna Slavia. Not as good as Cafe Louvre, but still good.



I ate out for lunch again, but all I had was the traditional Czech meal of goulash with bread dumplings, so good I ate it all and treated myself to some raspberry, white chocolate, and chocolate gelato!! I think that's about it for the last couple days... I thought it was interesting. Everybody else is either in Berlin, Venice, or Krakow, so there aren't many people left in the dorm. Gonna go... talk to you later!

(By the way, here's some more pictures of my room...)



Comments:
It seems strange that all of the places of interest seem to be near a place to get hot chocolate or something else to eat. The food does sound good and I suppose it is a good idea to play some softball to get some exercise and keep you from becoming a well rounded person. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Goofy dog was just chasing her tail, while on the coffee table. She came close to falling off but didn't. Love you!
 
Hey, kiddo. Great to read your story. Saw the Valentine's card, glad you got it. We didn't get your's yet, though! Hope it makes it some day.

Yes, indeed, your dad is right. Sounds like an awful lot of eating and drinking hot chocolate going on. Food must be good, because you don't eat like that at home.

Keep up the good work, and hope your TA can help you with your picture/video/sound.

Brad and I went to a new dollar tree store. WOW, and double WOW. Bought a lot of stuff. We'll be looking good!

Had dinner at Blaze. Their cream of broccoli soup is the best I've ever had. It was incredible. When you come home, you'll have to try it.

Love you babydoll. You look nice (says Brad :-)
 
Hey Jess,
I checked with a local currency exchange and we can get czech money within a few days, so that's good. We're evaluating how much money to come over with...have you used your ATM card to withdraw cash? When we went to Costa Rica, Brian could withdrawl from an ATM but I couldn't...turned out he was getting cash advances on his credit card so that ended up not working so well. I called my bank and they said it is up to the bank being used, whether I'd be able to use my ATM card or not. Is Mastercard pretty readily accepted? What's your experience been?
 
Hi,
I like your weblog about Prague wery much. I live in a town just near Prague (Ricany) and i work in Prague so it's nice to see Prague from diffent angle :)

I just wanna to say something about movie dubbing. Movies in theatres are not dubbed because of time (and I much prefer subtitled movies than dubbed). Dubbing is usually on DVDs (with subtitles too) and classical videos (VHS) are dubbed always.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?