Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Had any good snow lately?

Cuz we sure have! Hey all, welcome to the weekly Prague Report (sorry it's been awhile!)

Just another case of not having done enough to warrant a blog, I lead such an exciting life. Let's see, what'd I do this week? I bought a ticket to see Carmen on May 2nd... ha ha! So at least I'LL get to see it. Did laundry, all's well. Went shopping for some socks, you wouldn't believe how many pairs I've had to throw away already! Went to Heather's weekly Gin Bucket for the first time. For those of you who don't know... it's basically gin, lemons, limes, and Sprite... in a bucket. I had half of a very watered down glass, wasn't too bad.

On Friday, Amaanda's friends, Sunny and Corrine from Idaho, arrived and we had french toast for breakfast. Good stuff! Later on, Mandy and I walked around Vysehrad. There used to be a castle here and was considered the southern fortress of Prague. However, Prague Castle became more "important", and the castle kind of fell to ruin, I think. Now there's the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul and a cemetary where a lot of famous Czech folk are buried. There's also St. Martin's rotunda. It'll be very pretty when/if spring comes along.

1 2 3

4 5

1. Church of Sts. Peter and Paul
2. View under the Charles Bridge of a water wheel and duckies!
3. Ceiling of the outdoor cemetary
4. Ornate carvings above church doors
5. St. Martin's Rotunda...I think


Yesterday, Mandy and I decided to buckle down and get massive amounts of homework done. Our other two roomies are gone for the weekend, but Shelly let us have the key to her room so we could use her computer (BTW she's from Ohio... she's the best roomie ever, other than Mandy of course). I tried to go out and buy tix for a black light theater production, but the place I wanted to go to doesn't exist anymore, apparently. So I walked around finding info on other theaters. We'll see when Meems and Brian get here what we end up seeing (4 more days!).

Today I went to church with Mandy, she's a Mormon (not that there's anything WRONG with that). It was neat listening to the sermon(?) in Czech and having a doo dad where the missionaries translate it for you into English. Everyone was really friendly. Unfortunately, we got about 6-8" of snow dumped on us overnight that we had to wade through in dress attire and high-heeled boots. That was fun! We're going to look up where the LDS church is in Paris b/c we'll be there on Easter and she wants to definetly go then.

All in all, just getting ready for Meems and Brian to get here, getting some homework done ahead of time b/c I won't be here to do it later!! My blogs will be even further and far between then... sorry! Bye!

Comments:
BTW, I've updated my pics at snapfish.com so that they all have captions... all 308 of them! Have fun!
 
Hi, baby! It was great talking to you today. I can't believe I'll be having 3 kids over there: you, Mandy and Brian. This is incredible. And, we found your picture album with pix from Spain, so all's right with the world.
Enjoy!

Love, mom
 
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WE TOLD YOU WE WANTED TO SEE CARMEN, YOU SAID NO, AND NOW YOU ARE GOING. YOU TURD. Just see if I bring you any socks.
M
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?