Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Part Two, Dva, Dos, Deux, etc.

Welcome back to the program, the second half is just below, enjoy the show!

The gang got a late start on Saturday... but we headed out to Vysehrad. This time we actually went in the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul. It was really pretty. We walked along the Vltava river to the Dancing Building, went across the river to Andel where there's a mall, and ate pizza for lunch. Next we mosied on over to the Lennon Wall (I think I've spelled moseyed 3 different ways since I started this thing, sorry). It was neat, but I again forgot to bring my permanent marker with me, so I'll have to make a third trip. We went back to their hotel and rested a bit before Meems and I went to a store called Lush. They sell all sorts of scented soaps that are supposed to be all natural or something. Smells yummy. Meems has this ingenious way of buying souveniers that are scented so that whenever she uses it, she remembers the trip. Neat, huh? Afterwards, we all met up with Mandy, Jamie, and Wendy at the Louvre for the HOT CHOCOLATE... we also had some penne pasta for dinner.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday: We had tix to see the opera The Devil and Kate (Cert a Kaca). We met up at the National Theater, and I guess it was okay. I think I'm just getting sick of operas. It had a weird ending... kinda un-opera-y. They decided they were going to go to lunch and do all this other stuff. It made me tired just talking about it, so Meems and Brian gave me the day off. I went home and went to bed. They apparently had lunch at Cafe Slavia across from the theater. Then they got caught having student transportation passes, but not being students (see blog from last Sunday). Bad day... very bad. I made it sound way worse than it was, but I was just down the whole day.

Monday was better. After classes (exam in history, yikes, and went over exam in Czech class B+), they trekked over, with new and improved passes, and we downloaded pics again. Then we went to the T.V. Tower. It is considered the ugliest building in the city skyline because it sticks out like a sore thumb. The guy who designed it was kinda weird and put a bunch of crawling babies with bar codes for faces all over it. It was rather creepy. They planned to go to a concert at the Rudolfinium and then go to the Communist Museum later. So we all booked it to Old Town, smazed it (had a smazeny syr sandwich: fried cheese patty with tartar sauce in a roll, can't you just hear the arteries clogging?), and got them off to the concert while I went grocery stopping at Tesco. Turns out I was way off on the concert date, so they went to the Communist Museum instead. After Tesco, had a potluck at my professor for my Marriages and Culture class's apartment. She's Chinese and she made a lot of Chinese food: rice, noodles, seaweed (eww), and raw fish (bleeech). Her apartment is really nice, I'll have pics on snapfish when I get back home or something.

Tuesday: Had my midterm for M & C class. I didn't actually get to spend much time with them that day because there was massive miscommunication involved. They went to a Prague Orchestra concert at the Municipal House.. and they paid for me and Heather to see it the next day, it was really good, the soloist was phenomenal! Anyway, while they were there, I went to an orientation for my Venice and Krakow trips, had crappy Chinese food and good dessert with Heather. After that, Heather and I went to Meems' hotel to drop off stuff I wanted them to take home for me. Got home about midnite, took a shower, went to bed, woke up Wednesday morning at 6a.m., and "took" them to the airport. I'm just happy we didn't get lost on the way there, let's just leave it at that. BTW, Prague airport is freakin' awesome! So open, colorful, and friendly!

This is quite a blog so I'll wrap it up. Just getting ready for my 5 day trip to Vienna, Budapest, and Bratislava (capital of Slovakia). Had a great Italian dinner tonite at a place Meems and Brian had recommended. Pasta with chicken in a white sauce, onions, cheese, and lemon. Yum! I won't get to a computer for awhile, so don't look for any updates any time soon. At the earliest, in a week, at the latest, two. Take a look at my schedule for more info! Wish me happy travels!

Comments:
I'm so glad you liked the restuarant! Brian and I went to bed around 9:00 last night and feel great. He was caught by the German Security Squad for having a swiss army pocket knife. whoops! All is well. I'm so excited for you with all of your upcoming adventures - have a blast!
MiMi
 
It will be hard to be unconnected for a while. I'm so glad you and M & B got to see each other.

BTW, was that laundry brought home? I'm not doing the sniff test, so I just put it in your room :-)

Looking at your color chart, it won't be long before we get to see you in person!

Love, Mom

Love, Mom
 
Hey mom,
Jess did say she didn't have time to clean the clothes before she sent them. So, knowing how she kind of stinks all the time, they probably need to be laundered.

:-)
M
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?