Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Ugh, I hate computers..

They are the biggest pain in the butt.

Anyway, the potluck was a smashing success! So much good food: I made deviled eggs, Mandy made her potatoes with universal seasoning, we also brought ice cream and sausage (no not mixed together). Believe me, I have pix, just having trouble with the computer I'm on... so it may be awhile. Jaime made potatoes with corn and cheese, Wendy made a great apple dessert, Laura made a pretty fruit/pie thing that had "pudding" (turned into milk, but still really good) with it, Mary brought this yummy pasta with bread (of course, can't have a meal w/o bread around here), and Amaanda made a fruit salad with sprinkled coconut and yogurt on it! We were sooo stuffed. It was great!




Mandy and I booked our flights and hostel stay for Paris last night as well! Four nights in lovely Paris over Easter break... I hope everything's not closed! The flight was about $155 and the hostel stay is roughly $100 each. However, our room gets its own toilet, shower, breakfast is included, as are linens and towels. This all may sound weird to us Americans, but that's a sweet deal to get all that in Paris for just $25 a night. It looks like Amaanda may join us as well.

Just came back from seeing Memoirs of a Geisha (Gejsa). Really beautiful movie. Today we all walked off the food by going to the Communist Museum (140kc w/ student id). It was a really informative museum, kinda small, but very to-the-point... I liked it, but don't know if it was completely worth the price.

The gelato here is great... and you can find it pretty cheap so long as you remember that everything comes in European portions: small. Also, to clear things up... I realize that paying $16 for an opera ticket may not seem like much... and it isn't when compared to prices in the states, but you'd be suprised how quickly we all adapted to all these cheap prices. For example, we consider paying more than 200kc way too much for food. A good deal can be gotten at 125-150kc, roughly $5-$7. Same thing with theater tickets. If we see a ballet performance for only 50kc, or $2, when we're not real big fans of ballet to begin with, why pay more? Plus, I go grocery shopping about once a week, and get really ticked off if I spend more than 200kc for all my stuff. I'm talking bread, milk, cheese, chocolate, snack bars, juice, more chocolate, bananas, oranges, yogurt all for less than $10.... sweet huh? I spent more on my Communist Museum ticket than I did on groceries yesterday. It's insane how cheap some things are... but that'll probably change once the euro hits, sigh...

That's about it from this end... I'll get the pix out as soon as possible! Bye!

Comments:
I had such a hard time with the date of your post. I couldn't hardly focus on the content. I didn't know how I could have missed your message! I was thinking backwards, not forwards. DUH!

Sounds like you're having a great time. Still good to hear. And, it's good to hear that you and your posse are doing so well together :-)

Mandy and Brian are getting close! This should be great fun for all.

It's still Friday night here, so I'm a bit confused!

Love you bunches!

Mom
 
Maybe you don't like ballet and other cultural events because you go ghetto-rate.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
So, more about the gelatto ... what kind of variety do you see at the typical shop? A few flavors or more than 20? Yeah, maybe I'm being pushy here, but I tend to judge the quality of my gelatto by the size of variety I get to choose from. Plus, I thought gelatto was Italian ... how did it end up in post-communist prague anyway?

*B*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?