Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

Yay... Paree! (Don't wanna say GAY Paree... may offend!)

Ahh the sun is out! The tourists are in full bloom... the trams are crowded, the salesclerks are rude, but patient, and the drunks are staying out longer.

It will probably snow tomorrow (said in Eeyore voice).

There's a lot of traffic in town lately b/c the Russian President is here. His motorcade has actually messed with my tram schedule, etc. about three times now. I've seen it go by twice, some of the girls have actually seen the President talking with the Czech President at Prague Castle. All the media was there, big puffy-hat band/soldier people, lots of police. BTW, the Czech word for police is policie. If you just say police, that means shelf, go figure.

I tried to get tix to Carmen for my sis, b-i-l, and I, but they were already sold out of the cheap-o seats, the next cheapest ones were like $16-$20. Instead, we're going to see the opera, The Devil and Kate! Just as interesting I'm sure. All for just $5, including my ticket, using the lovely student discount. I realize Meems and Brian are probably shaking their heads at me, wondering why I didn't splurge just a little in order to get better seats or something, but they need to see the opera from a college-student's point of view: 500 feet above everybody else.

Everyone's getting kinda sick here, so a lot of people are staying in and being anti-social. The girls and I are having a potluck dinner tonight! I just finished my deviled eggs, unfortunately, w/o relish b/c I couldn't find any. I added the ol' universal seasoning instead, and there's a nice kick to it. Mandy's making potatoes, and we're also bringing ice cream! There's going to be about 10 of us, so... good times! See, good food can be had here w/o ever leaving the dorms. It's amazing what can be accomplished on two measely hot plates!

I've got two field trips this weekend, which I'm sure I'll fill you in on when I get back. Mandy and I are also going to book our flights to Paris w/in the next day or so. It's semi-expensive at $163 round-trip, but it's over Easter weekend and we're spending four nights there! We're going to see the real Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Arc de Triumph, the Moulin Rouge, and I'm sure eat roughly 20lbs of pastries. I swear this trip is just one big smorgasboard for me...I love it! Au Revoir, sp?

Comments:
Forgot to mention... ate at Maly Buddha on Tuesday... Good Thai food. Great coconut milk, plus, I ate with chop sticks!! I only flung food across the table once or twice! Yay!
 
Another fascinating time for you. I do so enjoy your stories, baby doll. Brad read with me, and had a good laugh. He's on his way downstairs to exercise. Such a good sport!

I hope you don't get sick. Take your vitamins. Eat fruits and vegetables, not just chocolate. Although, we know chocolate has magical, medicinal powers.

I still can't see your pix on sunfish. I'll have to have help from your T.A. :-)

Love you, Mom
 
$16 - 20!!!!! Those ARE college student prices!! Actually, even better than student prices! Alas, we're at your mercy, old faithful guide. You're the bright young jetsetter -- you make the decisions.

Some other things I might like to see and do... Have your heard anything about the blacklight theater? I saw a video about it and it sound pretty cool.

Also, I see that there are classical concerts played nearly everyday. Sometimes even inside the old churches ... now that would really be something to see.

Later! *B*
 
For the record, we're not coming there to experience Prague with the "whoa is me, poor student so I must suffer constantly" mentality. Now, how about that currency question we had? And, how are the guys over there? Same machismo as in Spain?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?