Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Bonjour! C'est Paris!!!

Yeah I know the title doesn't quite make sense... oh well!



Oy, what a busy weekend! It was great, it was beautiful, I LOVE PARIS! I'm going to give the day-by-day schedule, but don't get disappointed when you see that I didn't accomplish much. This was our first non-school-related trip and we wanted to relax and enjoy it. We (Amaanda, Mandy, and I) only scheduled three or four sites a day, and saw many things two or three times instead of trying to see everything. Here it goes:


Notre Dame

Day one: St. Chapelle's Cathedral, incredibly beautiful because the second storey is mostly all windows and thus looks like it's floating with no walls; Notre Dame, we weren't all that thrilled with it because we didn't go in it and we approached it at the wrong angle... we found out on Monday how beautiful it actually is, but the park behind it is very pretty; the Louvre, on Fridays the museum is open until 9:30 and the tickets are only 6 euro after 6 p.m. (we didn't notice until it was too late that students under the age of 25 get in free after 6 p.m. but at least we got a ticket stub!!), we saw Mona Lisa (got in trouble trying to take a pic), Venus di Milo, some Michaelangelo, Napoleon's digs, and so on. That and I had my first crepe!!! Yummy!



It's the Mona Lisa, I swear!

Day two: Moulin Rouge, kind of a let down, but it's pretty neat I guess, it's way too expensive to actually go and see a show (80-100 euro), so we just took pics outside; Champs Elysees, big shopping area that none of us could afford so we just walked through it and up to the Arc d' Trioumphe (sp?), that was spectacular... once we got up the fifty million stairs to the top, good panoramic view of Paris! Eiffel Tower, we finally walked to it and it was kind of overwhelming, we stopped to have dinner and came back when it was dark and all lit up and sparkling... it was amazing! I took probably at least 50 pics of the tower alone, and some video. We rode a carousel underneath it and it was all so magical... if only I were in love in Paris... at least I could feel like a kid with the carousel and a crepe!


Me and the Arc

Day three: We went to Versaille, it was great that so much was open and doable on Easter... a lot of the castle was under construction which would have been fine were we going inside. I had planned to just walk the grounds and look at the buildings though because that's free. We had to sidestep some construction areas and avoid all the frenchmen at gates keeping us out... sigh. We lost Amaanda there too, but we're big girls and she found her way back fine and we saw her at the end of the night in the hotel. Mandy and I went back to the Eiffel Tower and then on to Notre Dame again to do some souveneir shopping... we think that's the best place to go selection and price wise.

Eiffel Tower... all lit up!

Day four: Saw Notre Dame and actually went in it this time... it is really pretty inside. Then we decided to walk to the Eiffel Tower from there, which I don't recommend because it's a freaking long walk. Got there with no time to go up it... so no I haven't been up the Eiffel tower.... I'll do that on my honeymoon :o) We had to get going to the airport so... we did that. Got into Prague about midnight and promptly left my wallet at the airport (no money or cards, just my transportation pass and phone card... ugh). Good news? IT'S BEAUTIFUL HERE IN PRAGUE! That and the people I applied for and internship with emailed me to set up a phone interview, YAY!!! Step one to being accepted. Sorry this is so long, and I hope to add pics and videos soon... all updated at snapfish already, but w/o captions. Getting ready for Karlovy Vary this weekend which is a spa-like town to the northwest of Prague.... getting some massages and facials! Man, am I spoiled or what? Talk to you all later!
Ha, ha just kidding! I found my wallet in my dirty laundry, which I had checked, just not well enough I guess. This is after I bought another transportation pass for $9-$10. UGGGHH!

Comments:
Hi, baby, sounds absolutely captivating. Very lively descriptions. Can't wait to view the pix and video.

Hope you get your wallet back!

See you soon, Love, mom
 
Ahhhhhhhh, Paris! Would love, love, love to go, and I'm so glad you've been!

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your re-caps / It's the next best thing to being there.

Glad you're having fun - What's on the agenda for the next few weeks?

TTFN --

Susan
 
Thanks for the postcard, Jess! It was a nice surprise, and the first in the mail to wish me a happy birthday! I am so glad you're having a great time, and congratulations on your recognition of being a fabulous student.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?