Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Suppose I could write s'more

Unfortunately, everything I'm doing was said in the last post. I'm just hanging out with my friends here, soaking up some sun, seeing things I haven't seen yet, eating food I know I'll miss, etc. We did go out for Mary's birthday on Tuesday... stayed out until 3 in the morning and had to take the night tram home... FUN! We were dancing to 80s music... see you can have fun completely sober! Anyway, I believe my interview went well, they asked me a lot about Prague, which was nice. One subject I know more about than they do, right? I have been taking lots of pics, but too lazy to post them, etc... may get around to it. I'm done with all but one class: history. I believe my Marriages and Cultures final went well, but my Czech final was horrible... spatny. I've started packing, and actually have maybe half packed! I'm taking a suitcase home for Shelly, as well as her lap top, which she'll pick up later this summer after she comes back from backpacking Europe. I've been told I will have no luck in catching my flight to Detroit from Chicago with only a two hour layover. I'm basically screwed. I'll try anyway. Does anyone know whether or not I can check my luggage straight through to Detroit and go through customs there? That would completely save me. Otherwise, trying to pick up my luggage, go through customs, go from Terminal 5 to 3, find my gate, check my luggage back in and get on my flight in only two hours in one of the nation's largest airports... gonna be tricky. Oy. Well, that's all I got.. gonna get going to some sight-seeing! Talk to you all later!

Comments:
Hey! Yay for coming home...sad for leaving... I've been reading up on your travels and I'm so glad you had a fabulous time! When I came home from Spain I had a 2 or 2 1/2 hour layover in Ohare and I actually sat and waited for my next plane for about an hour, hour and a half. And I'm pretty sure that the plane people will check your bags all the way to Detriot automatically...if I remember right, but I know you can have them do that. Alright, have a blast during your last few days for me!
 
I was trying to see if I had an email from you when you called. I picked up the phone and it went dead on me. See if you can check your luggage thru to Detroit, it would be helpful if you can do it.
Can you cash your ticket back in for Detroit if you are not able to use it? Let me know what's happening as soon as you can so I can make plans to pick you up where ever you land. Lotsa love!
 
I'm not a traveler, as you know, but seems to me once you check your bags in, they can be checked all the way through. "They" shouldn't want to check bags twice, which is what they would have to do if you have to pick them up and take them to another spot.

Good to hear you're getting ready. Missing you muchly. Getting beautiful here.

Love, Mom
 
Why don't you call the airline and ask them about having to recheck your luggage? If so, try to move up in the airplane so you're one of the first off when you land in Chicago. Let everyone know you only have two hours so they'll let you cut in front of them. You know all this :-) It can be done. We had to recheck in Frankfurt...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?